Healthy Sexuality Means Planning for the Future — Here’s How!
In our final blogs for this series, we’re going to talk about how to move forward in a healthy sexual relationship. By this time, we’ve talked about communication, self-care and desire, but now we want to begin looking toward the future for both you as a recovering sex addict and your relationship.
If you want to create a long-term relationship with someone, consider discussing your vision for the future. This “vision statement” can help the both of you set goals and establish an idea of what a life together means. This can serve as an accountability in your relationship that will add comfort and help you continue to push improvement.
As you begin this conversation, here are a few questions to get you started:
– “Where do we want to end up together?” (i.e.: growing old, traveling…)
– “How do I see myself? How do I want to see myself?
– “What strengths do you bring to intimacy in your coupleship?”
– “What weaknesses do you need to work on?”
– “What are your shared goals?”
As you begin making a shared vision statement with your partner, consider asking a professional sexual addiction counselor for help. Counseling can help guide you through this conversation and ensure a healthy outcome. Learn more here.